Effective Date: 12/24/2021
We may collect personal information from or about you when you voluntarily provide us with such information; for example, by filling out forms on our Site, sending us scripts, signing up for our mailing list or a subscription, applying for a job, requesting services, or otherwise communicating with us for any purpose. We may also receive personal information about you from third parties, such as partners, data providers, affiliates, and service providers. We may combine the information we collect from other sources with any information that you provide to us.
The personal information that we collect may include your name, your contact information (such as address, phone number, and email address), employment information, background information such as creative interests and experience, your picture or video if you upload it to the Site, any content you upload to our Site or provide to the Solution, links to content you provide, social media account IDs, geolocation information, and your date of birth.
Additionally, when you access our Site, we or our third-party partners may collect information automatically such as your IP address, information about your browser, computer, or mobile device, including device identifiers, your interactions with our Site, or information stored in a cookie. We may also use third-party service providers that may collect information about your online activities across this and other sites over time.
We may use information that we or our service providers collect from you for the purposes identified at the point of collection or as provided in this policy. Among other uses, we may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide our services, including connecting subscribers and writers through our Solution;
- To operate, provide, maintain, and improve our Solution;
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- To personalize your experience by presenting connections and content tailored to you. We may also send you promotional communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To improve the relevance of our marketing campaigns and those of our advertisers and organizations;
- To communicate with you; To contact users who are interested in applying for jobs at X4Y;
- To comply with the law and maintain the security of our Solution and services;
- For our recordkeeping purposes; or
- For any other purpose for which you have given your consent, or for any other purpose disclosed at the time of collection.
We may share the information that we collect:
- With our affiliates, service providers, and other third parties for purposes consistent with this policy;
- With organizations, subscribers, and creators who partner with us;
- As part of a sale or merger of all or part of X4Y’s assets, including at bankruptcy;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process;
- With government entities as needed to provide our services or where required by law;
- To investigate, respond to or resolve problems or inquiries (including law enforcement requests) or protect, enforce, or defend our rights, assets and/or interests;
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of collection.
- We may also share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties in our discretion.
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information advertising providers collect about your use of the Sites over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising. We adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Principles in connection with this activity.
For more information on how to opt out of receiving interest-based advertisements, or to learn more about interest-based advertising please visit the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance .
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Sites over time for non- advertising purposes. X4Y uses Google Analytics to improve the performance of the Solution and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our services are not intended to be used by children, and we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from children. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years old, we will take appropriate actions to delete this information.
If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 years old, and you believe that your child has provided personal information to X4Y, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we delete personal information provided by your child from our systems.
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits California residents to prevent disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties, you can opt out of such sharing by submitting an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Request for California Privacy.”
We have implemented reasonable safeguards to help protect the security of your personal information.